About Pediatric Orthopedics Of Southwest Florida
Pediatric Orthopedics Of Southwest Florida is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon practice located inFort Myers, FL.
- Amy J. Harlow, MDis a pediatric orthopedic surgeon.
- Jordan Vokesis an orthopedic surgeonwho practicesorthopedic surgery and student in an organized health care education/training program.
- Tiffany Mossman, ARNPis a pediatric critical care nurse practitionerwho practicespediatric critical care nurse practice and orthopedic nursing .
- Ashley C. Ringland, PA-Cis a physician assistant – surgical.
- Cameron G. Miller, PA-Cis a physician assistantwho practicesphysician assisting and primary care medicine.
- Arun Hariharanis a pediatric orthopedic surgeon.
- Collin M. Brownis a physician assistantwho practicesphysician assisting and primary care medicine.
We Understand The Special Orthopaedic Needs Of Children
When your tiny loved one needs specialized orthopaedic care, were here. Many of us are parents ourselves, and we know that care for complications or injuries in children can be especially stressful for families. We want to make your experience at South Florida Orthopaedics as relaxing as possible as we work with you to listen, assess and create a treatment plan that will have your child moving with the best function possible.
From the tiniest baby to active teens, we treat both congenital and acquired conditions and combine treatments with physical therapy or other care as needed. If surgery is necessary, we want to make sure you and your child are confident in our skills and educated about each procedure.
Why See A Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
While Orthopedic Surgeons treat bone and joint conditions, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeons are specially trained to care for the musculoskeletal conditions of infants, children, and adolescents. At Peds Ortho, we specialize in treating all musculoskeletal problems in children. Whether a child has a birth defect, an abnormal walk, back pain, or a broken bone, a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon has specialized training to understand and address the complex challenges that a growing child presents. Kids are not simply small adults. Accurate and prompt diagnosis is of utmost importance to prevent long term complications that can occur while a child or adolescent grows and develops. Peds Ortho is the only practice in SW FL that has specialized Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeons.
Recommended Reading: Orthopedic Doctors In Suffolk Va
Expert Care For Children And Adolescents
- General Info
- The physicians and staff of Pediatric Orthopedics of Southwest Florida offer the most advanced treatment and the most experienced orthopedic care specific to children in the region. The staff of experts are experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of infants, children, adolescents and young adults with orthopedic conditions. The personalized care given to children sets a standard of excellence that is sure to give parents peace of mind. Pediatric Orthopedics emphasizes family-centered care and knows the importance of quickly returning children to their normal lives. It’s something we’re emphatic about children are not small adults, especially when it comes to bones and joints. Treatment of a broken bone, sprain, or injuries is very different in children because their bones are still growing. Expert care for children and adolescents with: * broken bones * growth plate injuries * sports injuries * scoliosis and spinal deformity * limb deformity * neuromuscular disorders * club feet * bone and joint infections * musculoskeletal tumors
- Payment method
- mastercard, cash, check, debit, discover, visa
Highest Quality Of Care Near Home
We are excited to announce that Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida has joined forces with Pediatric Orthopedics of SWFL to expand pediatric spine services in Southwest Florida. The pediatric spine program offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic testing and treatment plans for patients suffering from back and neck pain. Learn more here!
From back injuries to spinal deformities, there are times when children need to have surgery. With brand-new technologies and workflows in place we are able to make surgeries safer and more efficient.
Also Check: Advanced Foot And Ankle Of Wisconsin
Pediatric Orthopedics Relocates In Naples
By Staff | on May 17, 2012
Peds Ortho Drs. Brett Shannon, John Churchill and Matthew Wagner are board certified and trained to deal with musculoskeletal deformities and injuries such as broken bones and joint, ligament, tendon and muscle problems in developing children. They also specialize in sports medicine, as well as congenital and developmental conditions such as scoliosis, limb deformity and spina bifida. The practice also employs physician assistants and physical therapists
For more information, call 432-5100, or visit www.pedsortho.net. ¦
Pediatric Orthopedics Of Southwest Florida
- Pediatric CareOur pediatric hand specialists evaluate, diagnose and treat children nearly every day. We have established relationships with numerous therapists and orthotists in the area to work with children to provide them with pediatric specific care. They are specially trained in pediatrics and sensitive to the needs of a growing child. This is important because pediatric orthopedics is different than adult orthopedics.
- Primary CareWhen scheduling the appointment you will be asked for the current insurance information and it will be verified on the call. We must have a referral from your primary care doctor in our office in order to schedule the appointment.
- Emergency CareDr H. is an amazing Dr! From the moment we met him in the Emergency Room, updates after the emergency surgery that was performed on my son and still now with all follow up appointments he is a truly caring well knowledgeable Dr that listens to his patients. He went out of his way to get him in with one of the best Physical Therapists in our area and his recovery has been amazing and he is returning to the sport he loves!
Pediatric Orthopedics Of Southwest Florida has not yet specified accepted insurance plans.
Also Check: Levi’s 711 Skinny Ankle
View Our Pediatric Orthopedics Doctors
Reporter: For pediatric orthopedic surgeons, spine surgery is not a procedure they take lightly.
Dr. Arun Hariharan: Spine surgery is a big deal and we only do it if and when we absolutely have to.
Reporter: From back injuries to spinal deformities, doctors say there are times when children need to have surgery.
Dr. Arun Hariharan: This isnt a life-threatening condition, especially in North America, where we have the resources to take care of it at an early phase.
Reporter: And new technology is making the procedure quicker and more efficient for surgeons.
Dr. Arun Hariharan: Now we have something called intraoperative navigation. Its a CT scanner that goes right over the patient in the operating room and uses a 3D computer system to create a model of the spine and using specific instruments and that computer program, we can tell where we are in the body in real time.
Reporter: The equipment shows surgeons exactly where they are in the body.
Dr. Arun Hariharan: It tells me how far forward the body goes, how big the screws need to be and how rotated the screws need to be, and how rotated or turned each of these pieces are.
Reporter: Giving patients a quicker recovery and a safer outcome.
Dr. Arun Hariharan: We work with the anesthesiologist and therapists and ICU staff to make this a safe and reliable experience for the patients and the families.
Are you an adult looking for orthopedic services? Please click below.