Why Choose Norton Orthopedic Institute
More patients choose Norton Orthopedic Institute for hip or knee replacements and other orthopedic procedures than any other health care provider in Louisville or Southern Indiana.
- More than 50 providers, including board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons, offer care at 30 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Same-day appointments often are available.
- Norton Orthopedic Institute, Norton Leatherman Spine and the hip and knee replacement program have been recognized as centers of excellence by DNV Healthcare.
- Our hip replacement specialists are pioneers in minimally invasive surgeries focused on minimizing pain and recovery time.
- Robot-assisted surgical techniques improve precision for a more natural-feeling knee replacement to get you moving again.
- Educational programs help patients prepare for joint replacement surgery and recovery.
- Your free MyNortonChart account allows you to communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more from a mobile device or computer.
Nonsurgical And Surgical Care For All Pediatric Orthopedic Conditions
We tailor our care plans to meet the unique needs of each child. Our team includes pediatric orthopedic surgeons and nonsurgical orthopedic physicians.
Our experienced physician assistants work with patients to prevent or delay surgery when possible. Just 1 in 20 children evaluated in our office by a pediatric orthopedic surgeon requires surgery. Should surgery be needed, our pediatric orthopedic surgeons work closely with Norton Childrens pediatric anesthesiologists and operating room staff to provide care that is designed Just for Kids.
Advanced Training In Precision Robotic
Prior to joining Norton Orthopedic Institute, Dr. ODaniel was with NorthShore Orthopaedic & Spine Institute, completing fellowship training on the latest advancements in robotic-assisted knee replacement procedures and in a technique for hip replacement that is less invasive than the previous standard.
At NorthShore they really embrace emerging technology, so we had the opportunity to work with several different iterations of robotic-assisted and computed-navigation surgeries, Dr. ODaniel said. The combination allows you to preoperatively plan your surgery in finer detail and also to minimize outliers in terms of keeping you on track.
Read Also: Pain On The Right Side Of Foot
The Norton Childrens Difference
Norton Childrens Orthopedics of Louisville physicians are fellowship trained, meaning they have undergone specialized training to diagnose and treat the unique needs of childrens bones and joints. Our pediatric orthopedic surgeons have more than 50 years of combined experience in caring for children.
With a 125-year presence in Louisville, Norton Childrens is a leader in pediatric care across Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing an expanded footprint that includes:
- Norton Childrens Hospital The regions only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital and Louisvilles only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Norton Childrens Hospital also has one of the largest Level IV neonatal intensive care units in the country.
- Numerous regional outpatient centers and extensive pediatrician and pediatric specialist offices throughout the area.
- Norton Womens & Childrens Hospital The only womens hospital in Louisville, providing care dedicated to the needs of women and children.
- Norton Childrens Medical Center A unique regional outpatient facility designed Just for Kids, bringing pediatric care to northeastern Jefferson County and the surrounding area.
Multidisciplinary Pediatric Orthopedic Care
Children with musculoskeletal conditions may require care from several specialties at the same time. Our physicians participate in multidisciplinary clinics to provide specialty orthopedic care as part of a childs comprehensive treatment plan. Multidisciplinary clinics are focused on treating conditions such as spina bifida, metabolic bone diseases, spasticity, cerebral palsy and more.
You May Like: What Does Gout Feel Like In Your Foot
Orthopedic And Sports Medicine Care: Why Choose Us
We are a team of experts with a true understanding of the needs of our local community. We are proud to combine our orthopedic expertise with a deep commitment to supporting our patients with education and open communication.
Our specialized services and therapies set us apart from other orthopedic practices in the area. We offer:
Read more about why you should choose us.
Why Choosenorton Orthopedic Institute
Do not let your pain hold you back. Our team is composed of specialists with deep experience in a broad range of issues. Our experience, training and advanced technologies, combined with our commitment to getting our patients back to living their life, make us the leading provider of orthopedic care in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Read Also: Purvis Moyer Foot And Ankle Center
Healthcare At A Glance In Louisville Ky
Louisville has several large healthcare systems, including Baptist Health and Ascension. Residents can go to Norton Childrens Hospital for pediatric care. Additional healthcare options in the area include UofL Health-JewishHospital and Brook Hospitals. Veterans in Louisville can receive care at Robley Rex Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Norton Childrens Specialized Programs And Services Including:
- Norton Childrens Cancer Institute, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, and the Addison Jo Blair Cancer Care Center, which is one of the oldest oncology programs continuously accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Norton Childrens Heart Institute, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Childrens heart transplant surgeons performed Kentuckys first heart transplant in a newborn in 1986, making the hospital the second site in the United States to perform an infant transplant. Norton Childrens Hospital is home to the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
- Pediatric neurology and neurosurgery, including a Level 4 epilepsy center
- Orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation
- Wendy Novak Diabetes Center
You May Like: 40 Foot Shipping Container Movers
Verified Level I Childrens Surgery Center
- Norton Childrens Hospital is verified as a Level I Childrens Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons Childrens Surgery Verification Quality Improvement Program.
- The ACS CSV program was developed to improve the quality of childrens surgical care. CSV standards ensure that children needing surgery receive care under a multidisciplinary program with quality improvement and safety processes, data collection and appropriate resources provided to them as patients at the hospital.
- Our commitment to quality care begins with appropriately trained staff and leadership from surgeons who participate in meetings throughout the year to review the hospitals surgical outcomes. The surgical team seeks continuous improvement to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Norton Orthopedic Institute Locations
Self-schedule or call for more information.
From fellowship-trained orthopedists whose specialties cover every bone and joint in the human body, to experts in sports medicine, orthopedic trauma and workers compensation cases, Norton Orthopedic Institute is Louisvilles comprehensive provider of orthopedic services.
Don’t Miss: Ankle Length Women’s Coat
Best Orthopedic Surgeons And Bone Surgeons Inlouisville Ky
We found 207Orthopedic Surgeons in Louisville.
Browse through a selection of 207 Orthopedic Surgery Specialists around Louisville, KY. Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in this region have an average rating of 4.2 stars. Below are some of the best options around Louisville. The providers below have at least 5 or more past patient ratings, so you can be confident that these providers have the experience that you are looking for.
Care Thats Focused On You
- Minimally invasive procedures can have you home quickly with less pain and faster recovery.
- Sophisticated pain management aims to keep you comfortable and safe.
- We have a deep commitment to getting you moving again and managing your pain so you can keep up with your physical therapy.
- With 30 orthopedic locations in Louisville, Southern Indiana and surrounding communities, we have specialists near you.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more, anytime, from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.
Don’t Miss: Bottom Foot Pain Near Toes
We Are Orthopedic Surgeons We Help You Return To Your Active Life
How We Help
You trust us to care for the most important thing you have- your health. At Orthopaedic Associates we are dedicated to providing the best in orthopedic care to people from all walks of life and all ages. We want help you regain the ability to choose your own activities. The team approach to helping you heal from your orthopedic problem is the key to our method. Years of experience with patients who have sports injuries, accidents, fractures, or the effects of aging have allowed us to develop a customized solution to your problem. While many patients are best treated without surgery, rest assured, if surgery is needed, we have the experience to help you be the best you can be. Our extensive experience, particularly in shoulder surgery and knee surgery, is to your benefit. We are pleased to be at your service.
Orthopedic Surgeon Salary In Louisville Kentucky
How much does a Orthopedic Surgeon make in Louisville, KY? The average Orthopedic Surgeon salary in Louisville, KY is $486,760 as of September 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $382,690 and $629,720. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.
Jobs with a similar salary range to Orthopedic Surgeon :Pediatric Neurosurgeon
|10th Percentile Orthopedic Surgeon Salary||$287,940|
|25th Percentile Orthopedic Surgeon Salary||$382,690|
|50th Percentile Orthopedic Surgeon Salary||$486,760|
|75th Percentile Orthopedic Surgeon Salary||$629,720|
|90th Percentile Orthopedic Surgeon Salary||$759,878|
Recommended Reading: Hip Knee And Ankle Pain In One Leg
Now Retired From Active Duty Joseph A Odaniel Jr Md Recently Returned Home To Practice At Norton Orthopedic Institute Where He Specializes In Hip And Knee Replacement Surgery As Well As Shoulder Surgery
Joseph A. ODaniel Jr., M.D., had his first experience with orthopedic surgery as a Trinity High School student. While playing basketball, he fractured a finger bad enough that it needed surgery.
He went on from high school in Louisville to the U.S. Naval Academy and served in Afghanistan and Iraq before returning to Louisville to get his medical degree from the University of Louisville.
After specialized orthopedic training, while serving as a Navy physician Dr. ODaniel was stationed near Chicago at Naval Station Great Lakes in Illinois, where new enlistees go through boot camp.
Now retired from active duty, Dr. ODaniel recently returned home to practice at Norton Orthopedic Institute, where he specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery as well as shoulder surgery.
One of the biggest joys having served in the military was how we emphasized everyones role was critical in providing the best health care possible, Dr. ODaniel said. In other words, when we roll into the operating room and perform a surgery, theres so much work that goes in preoperatively to get the patient ready. Then, postoperatively, our internal medicine colleagues are keeping the patient healthy physical therapists and occupational therapists are optimizing the patients recovery.
Trying to practice outside the support of an organization like Norton Orthopedic Institute means either helping fewer patients or settling for less-than-optimal outcomes, according to Dr. ODaniel.
Best Orthopedics In Louisville Ky
Expert recommended Top 3 Orthopedics in Louisville, Kentucky. All of our Orthopedic Surgeons actually face a rigorous 50-Point Inspection, which includes customer reviews, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and general excellence. You deserve only the best!
Heres The Deal:Dr. Jonathan Yerasimides is one of the most trusted orthopedic surgeons in Louisville. He finished his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Louisville. Dr. Jonathan is one of few surgeons in the country who performs anterior-approach hip resurfacing. He specializes in performing hip and pelvis surgeries. Dr. Jonathan has performed over 8,500 anterior approach hip replacements. Dr. Jonathan has quickly become an authority on anterior-approach hip replacement. He performs more hip replacements yearly than any other surgeon in the United States. He currently performs over 900 hip replacements per year. Dr. Jonathan has been invited to multiple countries to lecture and demonstrate the procedure for surgeons interested in the technique.
SPECIALTY:Normal Anatomy of the Hip joint, Foot and Ankle Problems, Total Hip, Revision Hip, Anterior Hip and Joint Replacement Surgery, Complex Shoulder Reconstruction, Minimally Invasive Procedures, Broken Hand, Hip Pain, Sports Medicine, Arthritis, Knee Pain Treatment, Hip & Pelvic Reconstruction
Louisville Magazine Top Hip Replacement Surgeon
RICHARD A SWEET, MD – LOUISVILLE ORTHOPAEDIC CLINIC
Read Also: Physical Therapy For Ankle Fracture